Friday, August 7, 2009

Progress Report: Week 28

It's my seven-month anniversary today. Still feeling pretty good, overall. Still numb in my foot, maybe slightly more numb lately, but not dead-numb. I have been walking and swimming and it helps. As soon as I slack off the back pain returns. Pulled my back slightly trying to vacuum under the bed--something I haven't been able to do since surgery. You don't even want to know what was under there. Scary stuff.

Some pain still when I wake up but I still suspect the bed. Also still whenever I do something, like vacuum, my toe/foot edge goes numb. I suspect it's scar tissue or something compressing the nerve. It might always be that way. I guess it's my body's way of saying, "Cool it!" We'll see how that is by January 2010.

So overall things are good. People think I am totally well though and am pain-free. If only. I am doing everything I can for that day to come, though. I have heard that for every 10 lbs you lose, it's 40 lbs of pressure off of your knees. So what is it like for your back? It has to help. So that is my main goal this month, to some weight. I'd like to try pilates too but I don't feel I'm ready for anything like that. Yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment