Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Two Steps Back

Well, I was just lifting up some huge plastic storage containers outside of my house and moving them around. I knew I didn't need to lift them -- how heavy were they, anyway? 10, 15, 20 lbs? -- but I was in a hurry and trying to clean something up quickly. Well, that was 45 minutes ago and I am feeling it, buddy. My toe has gone numb. I'm panicking! And to make matters worse, I'm going on a 6 hr flight tomorrow, which panics me even more -- what if I really hurt my back? How will I make it on the flight? How will I make it sleeping in a funky hotel bed?! Then the anger comes in -- how stupid am I?! I know better than to do this. I can't believe I did this to myself, and on the eve of a trip, too!

I am sure I will be OK, but even 10.5 months after my surgery, I freak out over the idea of reherniating my back. Icing it now and taking advil. Fingers crossed.

2 comments:

  1. Too bad to hear about what happened. Hope all works out well!

    I've had a couple of similar episodes since my microD, but with ice and advil and about half a day to a day's time it subsided pretty well.

    I sincerely wish yours recover quickly before your trip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Eugene! I am happy to say that it all ended well -- just like you said, ice + advil + rest made it much better. And it seems that I recover a little quicker after each incident!

    ReplyDelete