Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Happy 6 Mo. Anniversary to Me!

I made it! Six months since my surgery. Wow what a difference. I still have aches and pains. I still have an on-again-off-again numb toe. Today I have been having some sorta burning zapping along the bottom of my "bad" foot. But I am healing very quickly and think I am doing great for just six months out. Time and time again I find that whenever my sciatica and back pain start up, a brisk 30 minute walk does wonders. I'm not taking Advil hardly at all -- maybe four a week -- and nothing else. I know I am lucky to not have to. I am working on losing weight and plan to start swimming at the gym, both to help my back. It is very exciting to realize how far I've come both since surgery (6 months) and since my injury began (1 year). It just takes a while. Slow and steady.

No comments:

Post a Comment