Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Progress Report: Week 10

Well, this week has been better pain-wise. I've made two changes this week. I began a healthier diet, eliminating most processed foods and upping the veggies tenfold. Not only to lose weight, which of course will help my healing and hopefully keep future problems at bay, but I've also read that some people believe that diet can affect back (and chronic) pain. When they eat worse (more junk food, processed foods, etc.) they have more pain. I have noticed my pain has lessened significantly. But also, and perhaps more importantly, I have knocked down my walking. I feel guilty and like I should be doing more. But I am working full-time and walking a ton around the campus there. The mile I was putting in around my hilly neighborhood seemed to be agitating my sciatica so I'm trying to not do that every day. You hear from the doctor that you should be up to 4-5 miles within weeks after surgery but I just don't see how that is possible for me. I will still try.

No comments:

Post a Comment