Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Progress Report: Week 9

This started my third week back at the office. Not bad. I have noticed that I am already backsliding into slouching at my desk and not getting up to walk around as much as I should. I have a little Outlook reminder pop up every half hour reminding me to GET UP.

Last week I started physical therapy and got a little too gung ho and upped my walking. As a result I've had sciatic pain in my left leg and under my butt as well as some pain in the lower right of my back (my good side). I've also had some new back pain which has moved up above my lower back.

I have to say though that none of this pain is major, somewhere between a 3 and 4, and it comes and goes. I am also very tight in my lower back, calves and hamstrings, especially on the left side. I suspect this might have to do with upping my walking mileage. I have added nearly a mile a day in the last week and I'm sure that didn't help things. I was up to a little over 2 miles/day at 7 weeks, but then returned to work and only walked about a mile around campus and nothing at home for a week and a half. Then last week I added this extra walking and as a result have had a little more pain. I ice my back every evening when I come home and hopefully that is helping.

No comments:

Post a Comment